When you think of pests invading your home, you might imagine them sneaking in through a window or door. But did you know that the gutters on your roof can also be a prime spot for bugs to make themselves at home? Here are some of the common kinds of bugs that could be hiding in your gutters:
- Mosquitoes breed in standing water, and if your gutters are clogged, they can become a breeding ground for these pesky bugs.
- Mosquito bites can transmit diseases like West Nile virus and the Zika virus.
Bees and Wasps
- Bees and wasps may be attracted to the pollen and nectar that can accumulate in your gutters from nearby trees or plants.
- If left unchecked, bee or wasp nests in your gutters can pose a risk to anyone who tries to clean them.
- Cockroaches are attracted to dark, damp areas and the organic matter that can accumulate in your gutters.
- These pests can spread diseases and trigger allergies in some people.
- Ants can make their way into your home through the gutters and build their nests there, causing damage to your home’s structure.
- Ants can also cause electrical issues by chewing through wires.
- Termites thrive in moist environments, and clogged gutters can create a conducive habitat for these wood-eating pests.
Regular gutter maintenance and cleaning can help prevent these unwelcome guests from infiltrating your home. For long term solutions, Terminix offers gutter protection services to ensure your gutters are in good condition and free from any potential pest issues. We’ll come to your home and perform a thorough inspection to determine the right gutter guards for you, then custom install them for a clean, professional look. With long-term pest control and prevention solutions, you can be sure that your home is protected from any unwanted guests.
Don’t let pests use your gutters to gain access to your home – contact Terminix today to schedule a free gutter inspection and get up to 10% off service!